Looking for a stylish modern sofa that won’t break the bank? Check out this list of cool looking cheap sofas (all under $1,000) that look far more expensive than they really are. There’s one space-saving sofa on the list that’s under $250!
Whether you call it a couch or a sofa, one thing is for sure: finding an affordable option that fits your style isn’t always easy. Believe me, I’ve been there.
So I searched everywhere I could think of in internet land to put together the coolest, most stylish, modern sofas I could find AND drumroll please… all 16 sofas on the list are under $1,000! There are loads of neutral finds in varying silhouettes and space-saving options too… even a couple leather sofas! But the most important part of all of these modern sofa options? They all look WAY more expensive than they actually are. They may be cheap couches but they sure don’t look like it!
Finding a Good Deal of a Modern Sofa / Cool Couch
The average sofa price for something that doesn’t look like a leftover from your college dorm room is over $1,000. BUT finding a cheap sofa doesn’t have to mean compromising on style. I went searching everywhere I could think of for good looking sofa options that are also budget-friendly! And all 16 of my picks are not only easy on the wallet, they’re stylish too. And did I mention that every sofa on this list is in a neutral color too? Which means they’ll fit in nearly any house – from a bright and colorful bungalow to a white and minimal new build.
Looking for a bright and bold sofa option? I have you covered there too – making a note of any sofas on this list that have other colors available (with a good chunk of them offering more colorful options as well). So, I guess you could say this list of budget-friendly sofas has something for everyone!
16 Stylish Modern Sofas Under $1,000
1. Prado Sofa from Industry West ($825) – This affordable sofa option from Industry West is a great space saver sofa for small-spaces. And the shape, color, and fabric are pretty dreamy too. You can throw a few decorative pillows and a blanket over the armrest for a total different look every season – it’s like the blank canvas couch you’d didn’t know you needed. Definitely fits the cool couches category, if you ask me.
2. Syndey Sofa from Urban Outfitters ($899) – Another classic shape under $1000. I feel like this one is a great buy. The clean lines help it feel like a modern sofa, while the tufted back gives it some elegance. It would also work with lots of different styles, which I love. Also available in a deep charcoal color.
3. Greta Recycled Leather XL Sleeper Sofa from Urban Outfitters ($879) – Not only is this sofa multi functional (hello sleeper sofa), it’s made from recycled leather making it an eco-friendly option that will last. Plus, it has a Michel Ducaroy’s Togo sofa vibe, which is an added bonus.
4. Mirage Yarrow Gold Sofa from Article ($999) – Cool couches like this velvet sofa are clearly what dreams are made of. Sure, it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but imo that golden color is just SO good! And I love the silhouette. They also have a blush pink sofa in this style, if that’s more your thing. Side note… I had an Article couch at my old studio (not this same one though) and it was such high quality. Plus, their customer service is amazing. So I always recommend furniture from their site.
5. Mitzi Natural Sofa from Pier 1 ($719.99) – A classic mid century modern sofa shape in a classic color. And at just over seven hundred dollars, it’s a good buy considering it’s hand-upholstered and button-tufted.
6. Chamberlin Recycled Leather Sofa from Urban Outfitters ($949) – At under $1,000, this budget-friendly furniture item from Urban Outfitters falls into the cheap leather sofas category for me, without looking cheap at all. The classic shape in recycled leather makes this leather sofa a great affordable option. And it comes in four colors.
7. Marcella Velvet Sofa from Urban Outfitters ($799) – Another velvet sofa for the win and this one even has a channeled back detail. Great little feminine couch…and it also come in pink!
8. Sand Curved Janelle Loveseat from World Market ($224.99) – For the price, I’m pretty into this kidney shaped sofa. What a bout you? At under $250, this one definitely falls into the cheap couches category. Yet, it doesn’t look like a cheap couch at all. Right? Paired with an awesome circular coffee table, the dimensions of this one are perfect for a small space.
16 Stylish Modern Sofas Under $1,000 (continued)
9. Magner Sofa from Urban Outfitters ($799) – I love the contrast of the dark metal base on this sofa, in comparison to the white fabric. It gives it an ultra modern feel, but it still looks super cozy. I mean, look at all those pillows! Also available in dark grey.
10. Auburn Sofa from West Elm ($699) – The dark upholstery on this sofa makes it a really good option for homes with kids. If a dark blue sofa doesn’t fit your vibe, but you love the shape, good news – it’s also available in a light grey color.
11. Ronan Ash Sofa from CB2 ($999) – CB2 teamed up with furniture designer James Patterson on this sophisticated, modern sofa that comes in just under the $1,000 budget limit. Look at that texture in the upholstery of this sofa, btw.
12. Ivory Feather Filled Brynn Sofa from World Market ($899.99) – Don’t you just want to curl up on this cozy ivory sofa and take a nap or read a book? It looks like the perfect beach house sofa.
13. Elodie Sofa from Urban Outfitters ($899) – I love the rounded arms on this space saving sofa. It’s visually interesting and has plenty of storage underneath for keeping books, baskets, and anything else you can think of. I’m think this would be a great studio sofa if you’re in an efficiency or small one bedroom.
14. Cirrus Birch Ivory Sofa from Article ($899) – Ahh I love a good structured sofa. The boxy shape of this modern sofa mixed with the upholstery makes it feel a bit more unique. Feels like a cool couch to me…and looks like the perfect sofa for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Comes in a dark grey color too.
15. Eddy Sofa from West Elm ($789.99) – That wood base gives me heart eyes! I love the warmth and visual interest it adds and I just love a good wood tone. There are loads of color options for this sofa as well.
16. Ruby Sofa from West Elm ($599) – Bring a little color into your life! This twill sofa is super sleek and has a little drink table attached to the frame, which I personally find to be pretty charming. What about you. Bonus: That attached drink table means you won’t have to buy an extra side table either! The savings keep adding up on this one.
Which ones are your fave? Personally, I love them all, but especially numbers 1 and 4.