Please note that this page might contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy
If you need to stock up on green cleaning supplies so you can make DIY cleaners; we’ve got you covered which this ultimate checklist for cleaning supplies and cleaning products for around your home. Before you make DIY cleaners though it is imperative that you have spray bottles like these, the pigment in the glass keeps your cleaners safe from UV rays. How cool is that?!
The Ultimate Cleaning Supplies Checklist To Decontaminate Your Home!
To start with, an all-purpose cleaner will work well with a lot of surfaces. That includes the cleaning of cupboards, shelves countertops and more from the kitchen to your bedroom to the bathroom.
Recommended Resource: How To Clean A Mirror Like A Pro
Want to make your own cleaning products? Make sure you keep your cupboards stocked up on:
- White vinegar (one of these big bottles can make up to 6 months of all cleaning supplies in your home, sometimes even longer)
- Castille soap (base of all soap products you may end up making)
- Your favourite essential oil (I love using this exact grapefruit scent for cleaning supplies)
Glass cleaner; Want to make your own glass cleaning products? Make sure you keep your cupboards stocked up on:
- Floor cleaner. You will want to make sure that you keep one to hand for each type of floor in your home. For example, laminate, tile or carpet.
- Furniture polish. For cleaning sideboards in the living room to dressing tables in your bedroom, make sure you keep furniture polish to hand.
Want to make cleaning supplies to help the environment?
Make sure you keep your cupboards stocked up on:
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- White vinegar
- Duster. From gathering cobwebs to cleaning dust off your TV a duster should be a staple in any home.
- Loofa Sponges are an excellent replacement for traditional kitchen sponges and are 100x better at scrubbing dishes than these silicone excuses for sponges.
- Rags, microfibre cloths or reusable paper towels like these. You want to make sure you have a variety of materials to ensure you don’t cause scratches when cleaning.
- Gloves. Whether you choose to use commercial cleaners or fancy making your own, protecting your skin is important – especially if you are prone to eczema or sensitive skin.
Related Post: 20 Life-Changing Cleaning Hacks & Recipes!
Here are a few of the top supplies you will need for cleaning in your kitchen:
- A drain cleaner. Keeping on top of the cleaning will hopefully prevent the need for unblocking your drain. Want to make your own? Make sure you keep your cupboards stocked up on:
- Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- White vinegar
- Washing-up liquid (or dishwasher tablets). This will help you keep on top of all the dirty dishes.
- Stainless steel cleaner.
This is for cleaning your sink, appliances and other metal items in your kitchen. Want to make your own? Make sure you keep your cupboards stocked up on:
Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
A cleaner safe for food appliances. Here is some great advice from the Food Standards Agency.
General cleaners are often not safe for microwaves, ovens and fridges, so you need specific cleaners.
Want to make your own? Make sure you keep your cupboards stocked up on:
- Scrub brush. This will help you clean all your pots and pans.
- A bottle brush (or two!) Ever wondered how to clean the inside of narrow-neck items? A bottle brush will do the trick!
We now have a simple guide to stay clean and organised!
With all cleaning supplies and taking steps to learn other hacks like how to clean a mirror, toilet or sink; you can begin to get on top of your home and keep it looking fresh. Don’t forget to utilise all of the incredible cleaning guides available here on the blog!